Blog Archive

Sunday, November 4, 2007

It feels good to have some free time again!

OK.. I am back!
Its been a while since my last blog and its about time I let you in on why that it is . . . its because I am lazy. Just kidding!

For me, preparing for the 2007 soccer season is something that started over a year ago. You see, as soon as one season ends I immediately begin to reflect on how to prepare for the next season. My mind is constantly racing trying to discover new teaching styles and techniques, drills, motivational tools, players' inputs through questionnaires, etc. I am always looking to read new books and magazines, pose questions to coaches at levels from youth to professional, attend seminars, and continue my coaching licenses beyond the national license just to stay competitive.
So once the season begins, that where all of energy goes. I have no energy left when I go home at 8pm every night (early night) and then spend another 4-5 hours on Saturday mornings back at school coaching again. Don't get me wrong, I love what I do, but it does take up so much time.
But now that is over and I have found new ways to prepare for the 2008 season using the skills I have learned from these classes. I already have new ideas on how to prepare my players using a wiki, youtube, desinging a web page for the team, imovie, and idvd.
Anyway, I will see all of you tommorrow for the first time . . . at 4:30pm.

1 comment:

Ms. Chiang said...

great job fixing up your blog - it looks great... very multi-media lookin' and the picture of the slopes reminded me how much i miss riding! =) cheers.

Categories